07 December 2008

Sharing Some Coca Cola Sponsored Joy

I woke up this morning, greeted by a light flurry snow. As much as I will gripe about the cold this winter, I have to say that snow is very pretty. (It's just too bad that it's so wet.)

Now that I've seen a little snowfall, it truly feels like winter. In honor of winter, I'd like to share one of my favorite songs of the season.

Don't laugh, but it's from a commercial.

This commercial for Coke and Walmart, entitled "Extended Family", proceeded both the Quantum of Solace and Twilight films. I've been somewhat obsessed with the song, and am glad to see that it's finally posted on youtube.

Most people that I've talked to find the commercial quite annoying, but I like it.
It makes me want to "stock up on joy" and... shop at Walmart for some Coca Cola.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anyone know who sings it and what the song is called?

annalog said...

The song is performed by John Maguro. The song is called "Extended Family."
It was specifically written for the commercial, apparently by the guy who writes the songs for the Free Credit Report ads.

http://adtunes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94652&page=2