29 May 2008

This post has nothing to do with the Motherland.

I was hopping around youtube, when I came across this compilation of openings from popular cartoons in the '80s. I have a tendency to get very nostalgic and say that things were SO MUCH better when I was a kid. However, after watching this video I realize that I'm wrong. Cartoons from the '80s aren't superior to today's selection of cartoons. They simply hooked me at a time when I didn't know any better. In retrospect, cartoons from the 1980s seem like bizarre, overly complex commercials. Don't get me wrong. I still love my '80s cartoons. This realization wouldn't stop me from buying any of these cartoons on DVD. Rather, I'd just think twice before I made any of my future children watch these 'toons.

Who am I kidding? I'm so going to make them watch Jem.



There's also a video for cartoons from the '90s I'm not going to lie. I was still watching cartoons in the 1990s.

It's kind of ironic. Today, it's all about translating comics and animated series to the big screen. In the '90s, it was all about transforming popular movies into a cartoon.



I will conclude with three words for my sister: Samurai...Pizza...Cats...

Also, check out this guy's rendition of one of my favorite theme songs.

No comments: