19 June 2008

B.B. Cream

Although I don't wear a lot of makeup, I do like to browse around the various cosmetics stores in Seoul. Korea is a great place to purchase inexpensive, cutely packaged makeup. Korean women tend to favor more high-end department store cosmetics, but dozen of tourists often swarm to Myeongdong to get a small carry-on's worth of cosmetics. The most popular stores seem to be The Face Shop, Etude House, Missha, It's Skin, and Skin Food. Come to think of it, it's easier to find a cosmetics store than a public trash can or phone booth in Seoul.

With my eyelash extensions, my makeup consists of three products. In addition to my moisturizer (don't forget the SPF!), I simply put on some B.B. cream, powder, and blush.

Cyndi and I have introduced a few people to B.B. Cream, and they all seem to love it.

So, what is B.B. Cream?

"B.B Cream" is short for "Blemish Balm Cream. Unlike concealer, it both hides and soothes blemished skin. You can read more about B.B. Cream at this link. I'm not certain if it's helping to "regenerate" my skin, but it certainly does a solid job of covering my blemishes.

Most B.B. Creams come with SPF, so it offers added sun protection for your skin. The creams range in price, but usually start at about 7,000 won. Unfortunately, since it's an Asian product, the creams usually come in just two shades: Light-skinned and Light-skinned person with a slight tan.

Based on Bo Unnie's recommendation, I'm currently using the Missha B.B. Cream pictured below. My sister likes the It's Skin B.B. Cream, but I find that it makes my face feel a little more oily. The various cosmetics shops are very good about letting you test the products, so I suggest that you try out the product in the store (if you don't mind some sales clerks hovering around you).

You can also read this handy review of various Korean B.B. Creams.















Here's a brief demonstration of how to apply B.B. Cream. Basically, just gently dab the cream across your entire face.

1 comment:

BB Cream Queen said...

A nice introduction to BB creams, thanks for helping spread the word ;)