08 June 2008

Hair Styling Tips from a Myeondong Ajusshi

While JIm was looking at some hair accessories on the streets of Myeondong, we watched with amazement as the ajusshi taught some young Korean women how to put up their hair with a chopstick. I asked him to teach me, and he kindly let us record his tutorial on camera. He taught me how to put up my hair using three different accessories: an ornate chopstick, a long clip (salon style), and two mini clips. If you've seen my hair in person, you know that it's VERY thick and unruly. I was quite impressed that he could secure an up-do with just a chopstick or two mini clips.

If you are interested in learning how to put up your hair, you can check out the video or stop by his stand in Myeongdong. I'm pretty certain that I won't be able to replicate his styling, but I'll certainly try. The ajusshi is usually stationed across from the Cafe Baskin Robbins (near Buffalo and On Tree). I must warn you though, he can be a little overly friendly, if you know what I mean.

He may be a little sketchy, but he's great at twisting hair.

No comments: