13 August 2008

May I Cut Your Belt?

Both Cyndi and I have become moderately obsessed with belts, especially the wide ones with the elastic band that cinches your waist like nobody's business. We just picked up a few at Migliore in Dongdaemun a couple of weeks ago.

I have to pat myself on the back because I bargained the belts down to 3 for 30,000 won. He had told us the belts were 13,000-14,000 won a piece, so I'm quite proud of my growing bargaining skills. (I know. I know. They're probably $5 on eBay. Please don't burst my bubble.)

I've been wanting a skinny belt for awhile now, but since I like to wear my belt high up (a little below the boobage area), belts have proven to be too long. To my surprise, the ajusshi offered to the belt for me. Basically, he takes off the buckle; chops off a few inches; then nails the buckle back on. I think he only does this for the cheapy belts, but the service is free.

If you too are interested in shorter belts, I suggest stopping by his belt stall. He's on the third floor of Migliore, immediately to the right of the escalator.

By the way, you're probably asking yourself, "What's the deal with the mannequin?" We plan to sell some children's clothes on eBay. We got the whole shebang for 20,000 won in Namdaemun.

No comments: